The Sun Inn Preservation Association needs volunteers to help our visitors understand the history of The Sun Inn. Visitors’ first experience with The Sun Inn is usually in our living museum. The museum occupies the first floor of the building and features four rooms representative of 18th century lodging. Tours are self-guided and free.
Museum interpreters are responsible for:
- Opening and closing the museum (unlocking/locking doors, turning on/off lights, etc.)
- Handing out museum pamphlets
- Answering questions about the Inn.
Museum interpreter orientation training will be provided for new volunteers.
- Community service credit is available for high school students.
- Because this opportunity is during Musikfest, parking will NOT be available in courtyard. Parking is available in the North Street and Walnut Street Garages, but they will be charging an event parking fee of $10 per day.
- Museum and volunteer areas are wheelchair accessible.